Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Sunshine Babette



It's finished. At long last!


Laid out on the floor:



The pattern can be purchased here: Babette Blanket.
Normally this pattern requires 17 different colours, but I only worked with eight: black, purple, cerise pink, deep red, bright red, orange, sunshine yellow and a paler yellow. Because I was working with fewer colours, I adjusted the pattern as I went along, so this finished blanket is actually more like a Babette-inspired blanket, rather than a true Babette.

10 comments:

Emily said...

Really gorgeous blanket Liv, How big is it? Love your colours xxx

The Gingerbread Lady said...

It's deceptively small: it's only about 1.3m x 1.5m. It's enough to cover the back of a couch or to cover your knees when you're watching TV or feeling delicate.

hooksandyarns said...

Very pretty - you did a great job.

AudreysTeaShop said...

Fabulous! I love it, makes me want to create my own Babette ASAP. Well done you!

Monica said...

Oh My Goodness! WOW!!!! I LOVE IT. You need to take a trip to Georgia (USA) and help me pick out the colors. I Have got to make one. What size hook did you use?

The Gingerbread Lady said...

Hi Monica,
I used a H hook, but my yarn is a bit thinner than worsted weight. 'I Love This Yarn' sounds like a great choice - I've only had one skein in my little paws, but it's such a lovely yarn.

And when I win the lottery, I'll be over in a flash to help you yarn-shop :-)

Aussie Maria said...

I have not been keen on the Babette - too confusing for me, I want order.
But your Babette - Well WOW!!!!! Loving the colours - might need to look closer
It really is a sunshiney-smiley blanket

Monica said...

I have started on my Babette! wow...at the granny squares! lol

Monica said...

Just wondering....what is the technique that you used to stitch the granny squares together?

Monica said...

Mine is finished! Oh My goodness. It was so fun to do. My mom has one started now. I what to scale the pattern down to may a baby one!